Webinar: Evidence-Based Support for LGBTQ Middle and High School Students
Join WestEd, Gender Spectrum, and GLSEN for a free webinar on supporting LGBTQ students in middle and high schools.
Taking place during GLSEN’s Solidarity Week, panelists will share information about the needs of LGBTQ youth and what schools, districts, and youth-serving agencies can do to ensure access to the conditions that are necessary for success in school and life.
Participants will also hear about a groundbreaking study on the experiences of LGBTQ students in California in connection with the historical and national context. The report examines two years of California Healthy Kids Survey (CHKS) data from approximately 800,000 secondary school students — arguably more data on LGBTQ youth than any other source in the nation.
Wednesday, October 7, 2:00pm PT / 5:00pm ET
Who Will Benefit
- Middle and High School Educators
- School and District Leaders
- Youth-Service Providers
What You Will Learn
- What the data says about the experiences of LGBTQ middle and high school students in California and across the country
- The unique needs of LGBTQ students, assets for addressing them, and methods schools can employ to be more safe, supportive, and inclusive
- Real-world strategies to support LGBTQ students in the context of distance learning, the COVID-19 pandemic, and movements for racial justice