Webinar: Strategies for Educators to Support the Social and Emotional Needs of Students Impacted by the COVID-19 Pandemic and the Demand for Racial Justice: Plans for Reopening Schools
Join REL West, the Region 15 Comprehensive Center, and the National Center to Improve Social & Emotional Learning and School Safety for a free webinar and panel discussion on how school district and site leaders can support the social and emotional needs of students as they return to school.
Wednesday, July 29, from 12:00 – 1:30pm PDT.
Panelists will share evidence-based information about social and emotional competencies that educators can use to rebuild conditions of success for students. Using a trauma-informed lens, strategies will address:
– Creating safe and supportive school environments;
– Promoting family and community communication and collaboration; and
– Fostering collective care.
- Dr. Christina Pate, Deputy Director, National Center to Improve Social & Emotional Learning and School Safety at WestEd
- Zoë Jenkins, Social Media Co-Director, Prichard Committee Student Voice Team
- Emanuelle Sippy, Co-Director, Prichard Committee Student Voice Team
- Veronica Palmer, Co-Founder and CEO, RISE Colorado
- Dr. Kaylene Case, School Psychologist, Douglas County School District (Colorado)