Webinar: Building the Nation’s Peer Recovery Support Services Infrastructure
This webinar marks the occasion of National Recovery Month and will highlight the federal, state, and community-based initiatives underway to build a peer recovery support services infrastructure nationwide. Recognizing the unique value the peer support workforce brings to each individual’s path to sustained recovery, this webinar will:
• Highlight federal programs that promote innovative models of peer recovery support services training, reimbursement, and integration into the treatment and recovery workforce.
• Share state-led best practices and lessons learned.
• Identify challenges and emerging best practices in community-led efforts to integrate peer specialists into the ecosystems of recovery care and support.
Monday, September 21, from 2:00 – 3:15pm ET
Participants will receive instructions on accessing the event after they register. Register here.
• James W. Carroll, Director of National Drug Control Policy
• Patricia Sweeney, Psy.D., National Director for Peer Support Services, Department of Veterans Affairs
• Luis Padilla, M.D., Associate Administrator, Bureau of Health Workforce, Health Resources and Services Administration
• Kirsten Jensen, Director, Division of Benefits and Coverage, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
• Douglas Huntsinger, Indiana Executive Director for Drug Prevention, Treatment and Enforcement
• Joe Powell, President/CEO, Association of Persons Affected by Addiction