Trauma-Informed SEL Toolkit
This research-based toolkit is a 120-minute professional development session designed for educators seeking research-based strategies to create a healthy classroom environment for students who have experienced adversities and trauma.
The toolkit is rich with resources to explore, strategies to implement in the classroom, and prompts for reflections aimed at facilitating educator learning and engagement with the material. The toolkit includes:
• More information about trauma and how it impacts students’ success
• A range of strengths-based strategies educators can integrate into their classroom
• An overview of secondary traumatic stress and strategies for educator self-care
• A list of research articles, papers, and videos for further review
• A facilitator’s guide (including an abbreviated guide for a 60-minute session)